The network of buses serving Terminals 1 and 2 is thorough, providing transport to locations across Dublin city proper and the surrounding region. Every day, more than 700 coaches pass through airport grounds, stopping at a pick-up point near Terminal 1. For travellers on a budget who do not have much luggage to contend with, transport by bus can be a reasonable option.
To reach the bus stop, proceed to the glass walkway that connects the two terminals. Halfway down the walkway is a turn-off with a sign indicating bus and coach services.
This is a list of the bus companies serving Dublin Airport Terminal 1:
Dublin City Service
- Aircoach: runs service from the terminal to most of the major hotels in the city centre.
- Airlink: is an express service that connects the city centre as well as Dublin’s rail and bus stations with both terminals.
- Dublin Bus: runs the AirLink express routes from the terminal to Connolly and Heuston Rail Stations.
- Airport Hopper: daily services to Dublin City’s surrounding areas such as Tallaght, Liffey Valley, Maynooth, Leixlip & Lucan.
- Aircoach: connects from outside the Arrivals area to the city of Cork.
- Ardcavan: runs from Monday to Saturday, connecting to Wexford, Enniscorthy and Gorey.
- Bus Éireann: operates direct service to the airport from Central Bus Station and Busaras via routes 747 and 748.
- Citylink: offers multiple daily services to Galway.
- Dublin Coach: leaves the airport once every hour and connects to Portlaoise.
- JJ Kavanagh: operates daily service to Limerick and Kilkenny.
- Gobé: non stop motorway service from Dublin Airport to Cork City, journey time of 3 hr 30 mins. Bus comes with many high spec extras such as WIFI, power sockets & on board toilet facilities.
- GoBus: offers 14 non-stop transfers per day between the airport, Dublin City and Galway.
- John McGinley: connects from Dublin to multiple Irish cities.
- Translink: operates daily Goldline Express services from Dublin Airport to Belfast & Derry.
- Wexford Bus: runs between the airport and Wexford Town, stopping off at Enniscorthy, Ferns, Camolin and Gorey.